This page includes everything you need to know regrading our available Marketing position. Please read through and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Marketing Specialist
This position will primarily provide project management and execution support for marketing, events and communications.
Education & Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree in a communications, journalism, marketing or related field strongly preferred. Must have 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, journalism and/or PR.
Essential Job Functions
· Assists in the creation of messaging for events, executive engagements and marketing collateral;
· Manages donor database;
· Organize and manage all aspects of the annual Celebration of Hope fundraising event;
· Organize and manage all aspects of the annual Golf Challenge fundraising event;
· Create and sustain a monthly giving program;
· Designs, develops, implements and/or performs project management of multi-platform marketing and communications plans;
· Primary project manager for fundraising and marketing events and initiatives.
· Manages volunteer event committee and vendor relationships.
· Contributes content for the website, e-blasts, and direct response devices;
· Assists in video production of client testimonials, event recaps, etc.;
· Creates in-house graphics for marketing and fundraising needs.
Website and Social Media:
· Manages design and content updates with scheduling and implementation;
· Generates followership in social media channels.
· Participates and supports Sandy Springs Mission activity as assigned;
· Helps in planning and strategy development for the fundraising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field strongly preferred;
· High school diploma required;
One or more years’ demonstrated successful communications, journalism and/or marketing (or a related field) experience preferably in a comparably complex nonprofit/ministry organization.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Must have the ability to:
a. Organize and plan work in advance, multitask and prioritize a heavy workload, deciding on the most efficient manner in which to accomplish assigned tasks or projects;
b. Balance multiple priorities/deadlines at same time;
c. Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals;
d. Manage one’s own time (without direct supervision) to maximum advantage on a day-to-day basis;
e. Think strategically and to link development initiatives to business objectives;
f. Be self-directed and creative;
g. Must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and plan over multiple years;
h. Read, write, speak and understand English;
i. Ability to initiate and build relationships with media partners, vendors, donors and others, and interact via telephone and in person;
j. Able to perform accurate, detail-oriented work and provide appropriate level of follow-up with vendors and others;
2. Must have:
a. Passion for the organization and our mission;
b. Experience-based knowledge of communications, marketing, journalism and media relations;
c. Demonstrated ability in writing content at appropriate levels for various audiences;
d. Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for media relations, communications, PR, marketing and journalism;
e. Demonstrated record of success in generating internal/external awareness and development of content;
f. Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once in a deadline-driven environment;
g. Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to research, prepare and edit written studies and directives in a clear and concise manner and the ability to prepare and present oral briefings, proposals, and general information. Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and the ability to condense complicated information and communicate it in lay terms;
h. Interpersonal skills, including networking skills, with the demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with employees (at all levels of the organization), volunteers, donors and others in a team-oriented environment ;
i. Strong team orientation. Must have the ability to collaborate with assigned project team(s) members to achieve action and success. Must be an excellent negotiator and collaborator;
j. A strong customer orientation (internal and external). Strives for quality interaction with all of our customers, demonstrates a commitment to customer service and ministry, and mentors staff to also be customer service/ministry focused;
k. An appropriate professional image;
l. Strong computer literacy, including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; database management; PR/Media software tools and record-keeping;
m. Strong working knowledge of social media and its usefulness for marketing and PR;
n. Experience working with designers, printers and other vendors and willingness to negotiate pro-bono services to supplement existing resources;
o. Experience working with non-profit and fundraising events;
p. Willingness to travel in the metro Atlanta area;
q. Must be trustworthy, willing to share information when appropriate and serve as a mentor;
r. Must be dedicated to the mission, services and core values of the Sandy Springs Mission.
Anyone interested should contact Felix Lora at email@example.com